Up & Over Garage Doors
Garage doors that open up-and-over can work in two ways:
- Retractable style doors open up and slide all the way into the garage.
- Canopy style doors don’t slide into the garage; they protrude on the outside of the garage.
Up-and-over doors – advantages
- We supply a large selection of types and colours.
- Typically constructed of fibreglass or steel, they require less maintenance.
- A retractable garage door is perfect if you are planning to use an automatic opener.
Up-and-over doors – disadvantages
- These type of doors need space in order to open them, so you can’t park your car directly in front of them.
- They’re do not offer the same level of security as sectional or roller doors.
- They’re not as close-fitting as other types of doors, so small leaves or dust may make their way into your garage.
Watch our video
We are experts at supplying and fitting up-and-over garage doors from the leading garage door manufacturers, including Hörmann.