Side Hung Garage Doors
These type of garage doors are hinged pairs that open sideways.
Side hung garage doors – advantages
- A handy door type when using your garage regularly to access appliances.
- In addition to timber and fibreglass, powder-coated galvanised steel doors are available that don’t require painting.
- Insulated and very secure, modern side-hung doors are much improved over traditional single-skin or timber side-hung doors.
- Electric door openers can be used with this door type.
Side hung garage doors – disadvantages
- It can take longer to park your car in the garage if you open the doors manually.
- Drive space is needed in front of the doors to allow them to swing open.
- Upward-sloping driveways are not suitable for outwards opening side-hung doors.
- Side hung door colours (timber). Colours of steel doors can be found in the Garador brochure.
We are experts at supplying and fitting side-hung garage doors from the leading garage door manufacturers.
To book a no-obligation home visit with one of our garage door experts, or to receive a free brochure, call us on 01246 238000 or email email@example.com.